Livonia, MI (July 12, 2010) Buy Michigan Now has announced the schedule of events for the 2nd Annual Buy Michigan Now Festival being held in Downtown Northville the weekend of August 6-8. The family-friendly Buy Michigan Now Festival line-up will showcase various Michigan entertainers, businesses, products, and educational opportunities.
Highlights for the event schedule include:
- A main stage filled with music from local artists throughout the weekend
- The Tom Holzer Ford Performance Patio which features demonstrations, appearances, and acoustic performances
- A Kids Zone which will showcase a variety of entertainment, including face painting, storytelling, arts & crafts, magic, and mascots throughout the weekend
- Health Fair (Friday) presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan featuring free blood pressure screening, nutritional consultation, fitness demonstrations, and more
- Barter Fair (Saturday) provides a unique shopping opportunity resembling an old Trading Post. Visitors will bring items they would like to exchange and a trade voucher will be issued.
- Fashion Show (Sunday) featuring local Michigan designers, including Katerina Bocci, Joe Faris, and Cynthia LaMaide
- We’re Cookin’ in Michigan Recipe Contest finals presented by Hiller’s Markets which revolves around cooking with Michigan ingredients
- Northville’s Annual Sidewalk Sales and Summer Friday Night Concert Series
Launched in 2007 by Lisa Diggs, Buy Michigan Now is a statewide initiative to inform, educate and encourage Michiganders, organizations and consumers alike, to support the local economy by purchasing products and services made in Michigan and from Michigan-based companies.
“The Buy Michigan Now campaign is dedicated to heightening awareness and revitalizing our state’s economy one product, one purchase, and one person at a time. I am delighted to be returning to Northville once again to celebrate Buy Michigan Week. It is a charming town, filled with locally-owned businesses, and has great proximity to the Detroit area, Ann Arbor, and even Lansing. That makes it an ideal place to showcase businesses, products, art and entertainment from around the state,” said Lisa Diggs.
The weekend celebration is designed to coincide with “Buy Michigan Week,” which focuses extra attention on Michigan-based businesses and locally-produced merchandise to help stimulate the economy. This is also the second year for Buy Michigan Week, which will start on Monday, August 2nd and run through Sunday, August 8th.
The Buy Michigan Now Festival will run from 10AM until 9PM on August 6th and 7th and Noon until 5PM on Sunday August 8th. More than 100 vendors and merchants are expected to participate and the festival is free to the public.
For information on vendor or sponsorship opportunities, contact Buy Michigan Now 248-390-0974 or info@BuyMichiganNow.com.