(Livonia, July 15, 2013) – Buy Michigan Now has announced the schedule of events for the 5th Annual Buy Michigan Now Festival being held in Downtown Northville the weekend of August 2-4. The family-friendly Buy Michigan Now Festival line-up will showcase various Michigan entertainers, businesses, products, and educational opportunities. Main and Center streets in central Northville will be closed to allow for pedestrian traffic.
The FREE weekend celebration focuses attention on Michigan-based businesses and locally-produced merchandise to help stimulate the economy. More than 100 vendors and merchants are scheduled to participate. The family-friendly Buy Michigan Now Festival is once again made possible through the sponsorship support of Michigan businesses and other organizations. In addition to hosting once again with downtown Northville, returning sponsors Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Hiller’s Markets, The Catalyst Company, Mousetrap Mobile, and Tom Holzer Ford are joined by new festival sponsor, ACO Hardware.
The 5th Annual Buy Michigan Now Festival event schedule is highlighted by:
- The Main stage (located in Town Square on Main Street) filled with music from local artists, throughout the weekend, including Friday Night Concert Series headliners, Social Bones and Saturday’s Festival headliners, Mainstreet Soul
- The Kids Zone (located in Church Square on Center Street) which will showcase a variety of entertainment, including magic, music, mascots and more throughout the weekend. Friday is Family Fun Day and parents are especially encouraged to bring their kids down for special performances, an appearance by PAWS from the Detroit Tigers, arts and crafts, and the chance to win cool prizes.
- The Michigan Wine & Beer Garden (located in Town Square on Main Street) gives adults 21 and over the chance to enjoy Michigan craft beers and wines offered by the Northville Chamber of Commerce during select hours (August 2: 5-10 p.m., August 3: 2-10 p.m. & August 4: noon-3 p.m.) Admission to the Beer Garden is free and proceeds from beverage sales benefit the Chamber and the Buy Michigan Now campaign.
- Northville’s First Friday Experience (Participating Northville galleries, shops and restaurants). Guests can experience a unique and memorable evening filled with art exhibits/demonstrations, shopping and dining.
- Special Events During the festival, various Michigan artists and authors will be making appearances throughout town to demonstrate and discuss their work. Many of the permanent downtown merchants will also be offering unique opportunities and special events in conjunction with the festival.
“The Buy Michigan Now Festival is unique because it’s a fest on a mission. In addition to providing great food, entertainment, and fun, we are dedicated to helping Michigan businesses grow. It’s going to be companies like these, each adding one or two more jobs that brings our economy back on track, and we want to help them do it,” said Lisa Diggs.
The Buy Michigan Now Festival is scheduled to run August 2-4 during the following hours:
- Noon- 9 p.m. on Friday, August 2
- 10 a.m.-8 p.m. on Saturday, August 3
- 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday, August 4
For information on exhibitor or sponsorship opportunities, contact Buy Michigan Now at 248-390-0974 or Fest@BuyMichiganNow.com
. For the most up-to-date information, visit www.BuyMichiganNowFest.com.
For those on the go, they can receive up-to-date festival schedule information and a chance to win cool prizes when they text BUYMINOW to 57780.