(Northville, June 22, 2009) – Northville and Buy Michigan Now are hosting a Michigan party from July 27-August 2. The Buy Michigan Now Festival promotes Michigan businesses, thereby revitalizing the state’s economy. This is the first year for the event, which runs an entire week.
Because the event is focused on buying locally, participating businesses must be Michigan-based. Those companies will be on site all week describing their services and selling their products. Weekdays are themed to draw special attention to growing industries.
- Monday: Michigan is a leader in the fields of renewable energy, alternative fuels, and protecting our environment. Therefore, events on Monday will explore the potential economic impact of this expanding industry, which will help citizens to go green and save green.
- Tuesday: Building pride, and local buying habits, in kids will help Michigan thrive. So, Tuesday is about inspiring the next generation.
- Wednesday: A healthy, productive population leads to a stable economy. Consequently, Wednesday is all about health, wealth, and fitness.
- Thursday: The new Michigan will feature a much more diversified economy, so Thursday is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs.
- Friday: The state is well known for its deep well of artistic talent. Now, more than ever, creativity is having a real economic impact. Friday’s events put a spotlight on the arts and kick-off a weekend full of fun.
- Saturday & Sunday: The week ends with a showcase of all kinds of Michigan talent.
A final list of entertainment, seminars, and vendors is coming soon, but guests can participate in fun Northville events happening all week. First, there is a Tuesday concert featuring Palamazoo on July 28. Second, comes the Northville Grub Crawl that evening. Later in the week will be the Northville Farmers Market on July 30, and a 50 Amp Fuse concert on July 31. Sidewalk Sales are scheduled for July 31 – August 1.
For more information, contact Jeanne Micallef at 248-547-5576 or firstname.lastname@example.org.